Monday, December 8, 2008

Placer - Summer


I played steel guitar in this band, and on this album. There's a ton of steel on nearly every song, but it doesn't usually sound like a steel guitar is "supposed" to sound.

It was Andrew Schneider's band after Barbaro and Slughog, but before he got too busy producing.

I moved away from Boston right after we recorded it in 2002. 

Milligram had just broken up, so Jeff (Milligram bassist, Stompbox guitarist) was available to take my spot on steel. I was happy that he could do it, since I was pretty sure that there wasn't another steel player in Boston that would be into this sort of band.

I'm fairly sure that this band isn't around anymore, but it was Andrew's thing, so I suppose there's a chance he'll start it back up.

Don't worry, it's not country.

No comments: